Project 4

Proposal:

I was thinking a lot about my family tree.  I was pouring over images of my siblings, my mother, her mother, my aunts and uncles, and it inspired me to create a project about something I've been struggling with.

My mother was diagnosed with aphasia last summer, and has slowly been losing her ability to speak.  I haven't really dealt with the emotions of this, as it's the beginning signs of Alzheimer's.  It's the most surreal and terrifying feeling to have your own mother apologize and remind you that she loves you in case she forgets who you are.

This was a very recent concept that I've decided to go with, as I think I'm finally ready to come to terms with it.

I plan on making a book entitled, "In case I don't remember you, know that I love you".

I keep wondering how long my mom will keep her memories, and I wonder how long she'll remember our birthdays, and I can't help but wonder how long it will be until she can't recognize me anymore.  I want to make this book as a tribute to her, and her memories.

Comments